After reviewing previous meditation practices, the two that I have most benefited from have been the Rainbow Meditation at the very beginning as well as the Loving-Kindness Practice.
When I practice the Rainbow meditation, I become aware of areas in my life that need work or are affecting me emotionally and physically. I can than take that information and go into a Loving Kindness Practice and release the negative thoughts and feelings that have been afflicting me subconsciously.
I will continue to meditate when I can using my meditation timer app I downloaded. (LOVE IT!). On weekends when I have more time, I will continue to do the Rainbow and Loving Kindness practice as needed.
I am still looking for guided meditation apps that will work for me to use at night. Any suggestions?
I initially did not care for the Raindbow meditation, however I feel like I would like it more now that I have more practice with this. I am going to have to retry it now and compare it. The loving kindness exercice is one of my favorites. I like how it makes me feel like I should be doing things for others more than for myself. I like how it gives time for me to reflect and I like that it is simple enough that I could do it without the recorded person telling me what to do.
ReplyDeleteIn regards to the apps, I didn't even think to check for meditation apps. I will definetely start looking for some.
Heather,
ReplyDeleteAfter reading your post I have decided to try the Rainbow meditation. I agree with Mindy at first I wasn't to excited about it but you made it seem very interesting and worth trying. Thank you for your insight on the this technique.